Being addicted to PC games or online games is nothing to be ashamed of. Many people share the addiction with you, and despite this, they gladly wrap their hands around the game controls. Family members often don’t understand our online gaming addictions and try to intervene to save us. The truth is, we generally don’t want to save unless it has something to do with maintaining our previous level of PC gaming. So, we are our best judge, right?
Here are five surefire ways to tell when your PC and online gaming addiction has gotten out of hand.
1. If you keep your mini-fridge and microwave within easy reach of your gaming desk, addiction may be a little out of control. Online games spark a craving for Hot Pockets like nothing else, and keeping them this close is just plain lazy. At least burn off a calorie or two by walking around the house to the kitchen boys and girls.
2. If you can’t find your work files because you have too many game downloads in your computer files, you are probably very addicted to online games. While you’re at it, remove at least 50 of those game site bookmarks you’ve been racking up. You may be able to do some work.
3. If you need to change your mouse more than once a week, you are most likely suffering from PC gaming addiction. Gamers love mouse clicking, and if you suck at a game, the wall has been known to get a flying mouse or two too. If you find yourself throwing away your mouse, maybe it’s time to give up online gaming for a while.
4. If you start noticing that your last shower was two days ago and you haven’t gotten out of your computer chair all weekend, you might be addicted too. Not many people will spend 48 hours trying to level up in a fantasy world. On the other hand, not many people can stay awake that long anyway. If you เว็บบอล spend more time on the keyboard than in bed, chances are you spend too little or too much time at the gaming station.
5. If being among the first to get the latest PC games is higher on your priority list than, say, your wedding, you may be addicted to online video games. There are people out there who will queue for twenty four hours hoping to get a game before it sells out. (I know…ahem…because I’ve seen it in others, of course) Playing PC games can be that addictive.
If you recognize yourself in any of the above scenarios, don’t worry. You are far from alone out there. The key is to remember that gaming is just a form of entertainment and not a way of life…or is it?